Molecular Discovery Grants
**current Round of MDG applications** Due oct 15, 2021
The Michigan State University Molecular Discovery Grants (MSU-MDG) have been established between the Department of Pharmacology & Toxicology and MSU Drug Discovery to provide pilot funding for accelerating the discovery and development of chemical technologies with applications for human health, animal health and agricultural use (max $30,000; average: $10,000- 15,000). The primary aim of these funds is to advance projects toward extramural funding or to the creation or development of intellectual property and commercialization.
Specific goals include:
• Assisting investigators in advancing their programs in the early phases of the discovery process with long-term commercialization in mind.
• Supporting early activities (e.g. screening) not readily funded by other sources.
• Providing additional data to support extramural grant applications.
• Aiding in the discovery or development of intellectual property.
• Accelerating therapeutics or diagnostics discovery and development programs
For more information, please contact:
Joseph Nichols, PhD - MSU Drug Discovery - Project Manager