BSL-2 samples must be appropriately fixed prior to running samples on Core analyzers. Unfixed samples may be run on the Influx or FACSAria IIu (enclosed in biosafety cabinets), following Core and EH&S review.
Principles of Flow Cytometry discussion is required prior to instrument-specific training
- Three (3) initial training sessions are required prior to independent use of the Cytek Aurora spectral cytometer, 2 prior to independent use of the BD Influx II or BD Accuri C6, and 1 session is required prior to assisted use of the Luminex 200.
- The Accuri C6 and Aurora benchtop analyzers use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. After-hours and weekend use can also be scheduled, pending full training completion.
- The FACSAria IIu cell sorter and Luminex 200 use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Scheduling for assisted cell sorting on the Influx or FACSAria IIu cell sorters or Luminex 200 use must be booked at least 72 hours in advance.
- Follow all posted cleaning guidelines that are available in associated instrument SOPs and/or posted by the instrument.
- Any instrument issues, no matter how minor, will be immediately communicated to the Core Staff at FACS@msu.edu.