BSL-2 samples must be appropriately fixed prior to running samples on Core analyzers. Unfixed samples may be run on the Aria IIu, following Core and EH&S review, which is enclosed in a biosafety cabinet.
Principles of Flow Cytometry discussion is required prior to instrument-specific training
- Three (3) initial training sessions are required prior to independent use of the Aurora spectral cytometer, 2 prior to independent use of the Accuri C6, and 1 session is required prior to assisted use of the Luminex 200.
- The Accuri C6 and Aurora benchtop analyzers use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. After-hours and weekend use can also be scheduled, pending full training completion.
- The Aria IIu cell sorter and Luminex 200 use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Scheduling for assisted cell sorting on the Aria IIu cell sorter or Luminex 200 use must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Follow all posted cleaning guidelines that are available in associated instrument SOPs and/or posted by the instrument.