- BSL-2 samples must be appropriately fixed prior to running samples on Core analyzers. Unfixed samples may be run on the Aria IIu, which is enclosed in a biosafety cabinet.
- Principles of Flow Cytometry lecture is required prior to training initiation (provided at no charge by the Core).
- Three initial training sessions are required prior to the use of instrumentation (analyzers) and one session is required prior to use of Luminex 200.
- Accuri C6 and Aurora analyzer use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm, after-hours, and weekends, pending full training completion.
- Aria IIu and Luminex 200 use can be scheduled between normal business hours on Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.
- Scheduling for assisted cell sorting on the Aria or Luminex use must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
- Follow all posted cleaning guidelines that are available in associated instrument SOPs and/or posted by the instrument.
- A charge for the full scheduled usage time will be incurred if reservations are cancelled less than 24 hours in advance of scheduled instrument use.
- No charges will be applied for cancelled time, regardless of when it was cancelled, if another user schedules that time.
- If you are more than 20 minutes late and have not provided advanced notification, the core reserves the right to cancel your sort and bill you for the reserved time.
- For unassisted use of instrumentation, shifting your time on day of use is acceptable at no charge as long as you will not overlap another user’s scheduled time. Please update your scheduled time on iLabs prior to using instrumentation.
- For assisted use of instrumentation, including sorts, any shift in time of instrumentation use will result in billing according to the scheduled time, plus any additional time incurred.
- In the event the instrument you are scheduled to use is non-operational, the core will notify you as soon as possible.
- If your actual run time exceeds your scheduled time and runs into another user’s time, the subsequent user has the right to bump you to begin their run at the scheduled time.
- User reserves instrument time on iLabs providing relevant information in the questionnaire and account number(s) to be charged.
- Once the user finishes running samples and appropriately cleans the instrument, run time is logged manually in the User Log.
- At the end of the month, the amount of time reserved on iLabs and the amount of time logged for each reservation will be reviewed. The investigator will be billed for whichever amount of time is greater for each use. The total amount of time used each month is then listed by user and sent to the department for bills at the end of the month.
Flow Cytometry Core Letter of Support
South Campus Flow Cytometry Core Instrumentation